Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Think you've got WiPs?

This post is as much to get my head around what I have started and what I would like to work on in the future. I sat down the other day and started making a list of works in progress and quilts that I would like to make in the future. The list is almost enough to overwhelm me. But not quite! My goal, if I really have one, is to get a stack of tops done and ready for basting and quilting, whether that be on my machine or at the long-armer's. I have a number of quilts that are literally sitting around as a stack of blocks to be put together, or are partially finished and awaiting borders (like the one in my last post). Some of the things I haven't started yet are things that I have a stack of fabric set aside for (like my FMF stash and also my stash of HR scraps).

In any case, here's the list of getting real...



Basted quilts that need quilting and binding:

1) Pink strips baby quilt.

2) Quilts for Kids charity quilt.



Works I have started and need to finish:

1) Handpieced Xmas stars. If I choose to make this a smaller quilt, or a different sashing option (leaning toward the latter), I should be able to have this together in a matter of a weekend. Must double check the number of blocks I have finished--think I might have one or two left to round it out.

2) Amanda Jean's quilt-along. I'm currently about 3 weeks behind. It will realistically take me about a week's worth of not-working time to push through and get caught up/finished with the top. I still haven't figured out whether I'll quilt this myself or not.

3) Simple Abundance quilt, which you saw in the previous post. I have the last of the fabric I'll need on it's way, so I could quite possibly finish this top this weekend.

4) The Madman's quilt. I've got about 8 blocks done, unsashed. I'll need at least double that. I have all the fabric set aside for it, so it is just a matter of sitting down and doing it.

5) Wonky log cabins. I started this back with John's round of the ORBC quilt-along (#3? Good lord...). Again, I think I have a good 10-12 blocks done, so I just need to make a few more and sash them, and that's another top down. An evening's work, maybe 2.

6) Blue and brown baby quilt. This needs 3 more blocks and a border and it's done. It currently sits at 6 blocks and a pile of scraps. (This one has actually been really hard to pick up and work on--the couple who were the intended recipients lost their little boy at 4 months into the pregnancy. I need to finish it, but I believe I'll likely donate it as a charity quilt.)

7) Asian 9-patch. This started out as a quilt along, and wound up being a little pile of blocks, not enough for the intended project. I'm thinking of doing some off-set blocks with the blocks I have finished and just get it done, about throw-size.

Yes, there's more...

8) Civil War repro log cabins. Fabric is cut and set aside.

9) Civil War repro flying geese. Fabric is cut and set aside.

10) 1974 Jelly roll sampler.

11) Soiree Jelly roll sampler.

12) 2" paper pieced hexagon quilt. This is my current hand-piecing project. I have about 200 of the 350 basted, and about 50 of those sewn together. This is ongoing, and I don't expect the top to be done before Xmas. But that's ok.


Ok, now the gotta-do list is out of the way, so next up, my "wanna-do" list!

No comments: