Ok, in my last post, I went over my list of works in progress. *shudder* Did it make you feel a little better about your own list? Did you actually go and count yours? It's a little scary, but it actually made me feel a lot more organized. Now, on to the list of things I want to work on in the future...
1) HR focus square in a square block quilt.
2) FMF quilt. Pattern?
3) Strips and bricks. I've seen Rita make two of these now, and Malka is about to re-release the pattern on her blog. I really, really want to make one of these. It's really rare that I stick with a pattern, or that I covet one like this.
4) Maverick stars. You've seen them everywhere. I know I have. They look like a really fun way to use up scraps and wee pieces. Perhaps some of my FMF will wind up in this quilt?
5) Buzz saw blocks. I actually have my solid background for this, and some squares cut for it. I made one for Kat in The Beehive this past spring, and while each large block is very labor intensive, I'm delighted at the prospect of making a big scrappy quilt of these blocks. This will likely find itself to be a long-term WiP. We'll see.
6) Xmas lights. I have a couple of charm packs of Lumiere de Noel by French General (who I love, btw), and an idea for my own pattern. We'll see what happens with this one...
7) Audrie's scrappy quilt-along. This is due to start any day now, and I'm very excited, but I will likely wind up playing catch-up after the fact. Need to get a few other things knocked out first!
8) A scrappy string quilt. I've actually started sorting through my scraps and putting aside the strings in anticipation. Maybe this will help me put a dent in my scraps!?
9) Another coin quilt. I loved Something Blue, and I know it's well loved by its owners. But I know I'd really love one like it for me, too!
10) Hope Valley, New Day varied squares. I've set aside my New Day half-yard cuts and some corresponding solids for this one. It requires a lot of quality time with my design wall, so I'll need to time this accordingly...
11) Kaffe Stripes. I have a small stash of Kaffe Fasset woven stripe fabrics in some relatively muted colors. Not entirely sure I know what I want to do with them yet.
12) Clara's Geese. I won a FQ bundle of French General's Rounneries fabric last fall, and think I'll save it to make a Wild Geese quilt, like the one Anita is doing in her quilt-along. (As for the name, Rounneries is a palette of grays, beiges, and creams with some gorgeous reds. I plan on using the reds to make the geese crosses in the middle of the blocks. Red Cross = Clara Barton = Clara's Geese. See, logical. :D )
13) Vintage ZigZag quilt. I won a great big stack of 6" squares, all from different vintage sheets, from Evelyn during the Sew Mama Sew giveaway extravaganza. I know I want to use them to make a scrappy zig-zag quilt.
14) LOVE. Another FQ bundle waiting to be made into a quilt. I created a pattern for it already. Now it's just a matter of taking the time to make it.
15) ORBC's hexagon quilt-along, with Julie. I wanted to do it while she was running it, but it just didn't happen that way. I've often said that quilt-alongs should be called "hurry up and finish it months after the fact...".
16) Scrap quilts 1-3. I plan on using a couple of patterns/tutorials from Rita and Elizabeth, two of my inspiration quilters.
What do you think? Should keep me busy for a couple of years, no? And that's if I manage to move faster than a tortoise, which has been my recent state of affairs!
Tell me--what do YOU want to work on next? Do you keep a list?
I heard you! Giveaway here on the blog!
1 week ago