Saturday, September 19, 2009

First Swap = SCARY!

So, I joined the autumn swap over at 4SQS, which is actually a winter/holiday mini-quilt swap. It's my first swap.

And I am absolutely stumped.

I've got just about a month until I need to start thinking about mailing it out to my partner. I know just what else will go along with the quilt.

I just haven't got a clue what to do for the quilt itself.

Her style is MUCH different than mine. Do I follow my style? Hers? Meet somewhere in the middle?

Every time I think I have it figured out, I start second-guessing myself. She'd like something Christmassy, and I have lots and lots of Xmas fabrics. No bigger than 20"x20". Stars? Coins? Improv piecing? Something more traditional?

Something tells me I may have several to give as gifts to other people as I work through this, trial and error. In the meantime, I'm back to overthinking. :)

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I know the feeling! My partner wants a winter themed one, and I've changed my mind about 20 times on what to make. So far, I've got 5 of them in progress, and I just can't decide what to do. You'll be fine! :) I'm sure your partner will love whatever you make her. :)

West Michigan Quilter said...

I know just how you are feeling, since I felt the very same way after entering my first swap. I think I redid my first blocks two or three times. I found that the swap helped me so much to grow in confidence and to find out what I did best. I think people will like what you do if you like what you do and are proud of it. Hang in there!